- Name: M1891 Mosin-Nagant Infantry Rifle
- Type: Rifle
- Service: Imperial Russia
- Designers: Captain Sergei Mosin (action) and Leon Nagant (magazine).
- Manufacturer: Tula Arsenal, Izhevsk Arsenal, Sestroryetsk Arsenal, Manufacture Nationale d'Armes de Châtellerault.
- Produced: 1891 to 1965.
- Cartridge: 7.62x54mmR Russian
- Action: Bolt-action
- Feed: 5-round internal box magazine that uses Mauser-type stripper clips. Expands to 8-, 12- or 15-rounds with upgrades.
- Rate of Fire: Variable
- Overall Length:
- Sights: Iron sights.
The M1891 Mosin-Nagant, or as it is referred to in-game, the Nagant, is a bolt-action, 7.62mm Rifle from the 20th century, available in reasonable supply in any World War I level, used exclusively by the Russians. It has extremely high stopping power; a hit anywhere on the body will result in death (with exception of Opposition troops), has a moderate fire-rate, fast reload time, and a five round internal magazine. It is important to note that the Nagant seems to have a slightly faster firing rate than the Gewehr 98, as well as having a substantially larger ammunition capacity when fully upgraded (20 as opposed to 16). In combination with extremely precise iron sights, this makes it a much more favorable weapon over its German counterpart. It does slightly less damage, but against unshielded troops in the First World War, this difference is negligible.
- Curiously, the game developers have admitted to getting the two rifles backwards. Realistically, the Mosin-Nagant was the rough powerful brute, while the Gewehr 98 was the light efficient masterpiece of engineering.
- The weapon was called the Nagant Rifle by the Russian Army due to a dispute over the design. The resultant weapon was a combination of the best features of Captain Mosin's and Mr. Nagant's designs. Since Captain Mosin, a military officer, was a government employee, he couldn't patent his work. Nagant, a freelance weapons designer, patented the whole rifle as his design.